Brian Head Ski Weekend

 
The last few years Trevor's family has made it a tradition to meet up at Brian Head for a ski/snowboarding weekend. See past years here - 2012, 2013, 2014. This year I was super hesitant on whether I was going to actually ski or not. You get such polar opinions when it comes to stuff like this when you are expecting. I decided that since I am not a beginner, and there weren't going to be a lot of people out on the slopes, that I would ski but just take it really easy and be extra cautious. I am so happy I decided to go out because it was such a beautiful and refreshing day. By far the best exercise I've had this pregnancy and I loved the fresh air! It was a great day! I decided to only do one day instead of two, but apart of me was wishing I had gone out the second day.

 

 
We usually go back to the cabin for lunch but since I was only going out one day Trevor didn't want to waste any time. (He is always that guy who is out from opening to close! haha) So we got lunch on the slopes. What more could you ask for than burgers, fries, and the slopes?! It was a nice little break and lunch date!
 
Mia loved following Uncle Trevor everywhere :) One thing I love about Trevor is how good he is with children. He loves them, and doesn't get tired of playing and entertaining them for hours. He is always having just as much fun as they are!
 
Random side note... unwrapped mini starbursts... amazing!
 
The second day I was itching to get out of the cabin, so Trevor, Courtney, Mia and I went sledding down some little hills we found. It was a lot of fun, and Mia had a blast with Trevor going down the bigger hills. All in all in was a great weekend, our days were spent skiing, snowboarding, eating, playing games and hanging out. I also slept a lot which was nice since I have had some issues with that lately. I loved having that uninterrupted time with Trevor for three whole days! I miss him so much sometimes during our busy work weeks, I love when we have a chance to spend a whole day together. It was a great weekend that ended too soon!
 

14 comments

  1. Brian Head is so much fun. Both my husband and I snowboard! My uncle has a condo/cabin out there so we usually go a couple times a season! We just recently went after not being able to go the last 3 maybe 4 years thanks to a wedding and 2 pregnancies ( I did try to convince my dr to let me go when I was pregnant with my first. I was 20+ weeks and high risk, I just can't seem to figure out why he said no.... :] ) . We decided to go down Giant Steps our first time back, SO exhausting when you are just returning! And I don't know about you, but I love their cheeseburgers and fries there! I look forward to them every time we go! :)

    -Amanda
    duhitsmed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved hearing about your traditions! And yes the fries are bomb! I don't think I would have gone if I was much further along myself, at some point your balance would be shot haha

      Delete
  2. This post makes me miss out west so much! Glad you guys got to have some fun together! Are you guys planning on doing a baby moon or anything fun like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was such an amazing trip, I'm glad you were able to do some skiing! Trevor seems so great with kids (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture kills me dead!! Mia, Mia, Mia, ha ha!
    And I seriously just bought a bag of those dang, tiny, unwrapped starbursts yesterday!! I couldn't resist, ha! Thanks to Brenda for getting us hooked, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures with the blue sky contrast. Looks like a fun trip! And the Starbursts are so good. I cannot control myself with them is the problem. They are already unwrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun family get away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love all your pictures and updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are embracing life so beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!