Brian Head Ski Weekend


The last few years (documented here and here) we have spent a part of our Spring Break with Trevor's family up in a cabin at the Ski Resort Brian Head. It is almost comical that we don't take advantage of the beautiful mountains right next to us all year, and then drive hours south to go skiing and snowboarding, but alas, it has sort of become tradition.

Trevor has had so much on his plate lately, and it was nice to just hang out for two days straight. We didn't waste anytime, and were on the slopes when they opened until they closed both days. Every night was spent playing games into the night. By the end of this trip we were thoroughly exhausted! A perk to this years trip was the newest addition to the family, baby Mia. This is the first grandchild on Trevor's side. I have had nieces and nephews on my side of the family for years now, and I love having one now when we hang out with Trevor's family. Kids make everything more fun in my opinion. Trevor instantly turns into the big brother/uncle role and plays/annoys her any chance he can get. Its adorable :)

Trevor's parents with baby Mia in front of the Cabin we stayed at. I loved that we were right on the slopes! So nice to just wake up and start skiing right away :)
 
These two. I think my heart just melted.
Some lovely Thai curry Trevor made! Nothing better after a long day on the slopes.

13 comments

  1. oh so jealous that you got on the slopes! I'm hoping to make it out for next season, I don't think nursing and all day ski days mix well together :) Looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Mia in the hamper, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys were able to get out and have fun together! I love Brain Head, my family and I went there a few times when I was in high school!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a great time! I really want to try skiing but just haven't done it yet, maybe one of these days!

    kirstyandseth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just DO it! I think it is so much fun, and way easier then snowboarding. It is a great place to start. Alot of ski resorts have cheap night skiing just on the bunny slopes so it is a great place to try!

      Delete
  5. so fun! i just took a ski day with my dad this weekend, only my second day of the season! it's a shame i don't get out there more. looks like so much fun, and that curry looks especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh my goodness! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to take a stab at skiing!! You look like a natural ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like SUCH a fun trip!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a perfect getaway. I agree babies in the family make everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are breath taking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!