glasses blues.

So remember this post about how I am an old lady and can't see anymore? Well I went with the tortoise pair if you were wondering, and when I got them in the mail... they were even prettier in real life. I put them on my face... held my breath... and.... no. sad moment. I know the bigger framed, dare I say "nerdy" glasses are in right now... but these were NOT flattering. I knew I had a very small and petite face, but I didn't realize just how small. These things were pretty funny, and I had got their smallest pair. If you don't believe me you can check out the skype chat I had with my mama to get her opinion....
I have always had a beautiful pair of Coach glasses that I love. But wanted to try something new that had spunk. The second I took the Ray Bans off I tried on my Coach ones and fell in love all over again. They just suit my face so much better, and something I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear in front of a bunch of young students in the classroom haha. So it looks like I am keeping it simple and classic ladies and gents.... I guess I shouldn't be surprised, that really seems to sum up my style anyhow.

But on a happier shopping note...


I wanted to share with you a site that was sent to me called  Zestii At first I thought this sounded too good to be true, but guess what? It is just that good. I have already bought items through it and I am loving it. Are you ready for this? First and foremost, it is totally FREE to sign up. Then select stores, which they have a great collection of them by the way, you can actually earn a percentage back from what you spend. Does that make sense? Here is the breakdown... 1. SHOP Click through their partners for the store, brand or product you are looking for and earn $ based on how much you spend. Each store has a different percentage you can earn. 2. REDEEM Check back a few days after your order has shipped and redeem $ for cash, products and gift cards. I usually just use mine to pay me back through pay pal. Some of these stores I shop online at all the time, so why not get a few dollars off every time I do? It adds up!
I bought two pairs of shoes at LuLus and got $10 back! I like the sound of that. I always think if you have found something great, share it, so here you guys go :) Oh and when you sign up, you instantly get a $5 credit, so they are basically paying you to sign up, a win win :)

14 comments

  1. Sometimes you just gotta do whats best for your face :) I love glasses I think they are soo cute! And the bigger glasses will be in and out in no time, so your glasses will last you longer!

    And hmmm...I will be checking this website out soon. Money back? I am down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they didn't suit your face! Though the large-framed style will soon be out of fashion again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha awww sorry love. My face is so small that I got m frames in the kids section

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya haha. I had glasses since I was 3 years old...now I have a cute pair of Juicy Couture ones but they are definitely not the big over sized nerdy ones that everyone wears...and they don't even have a glasses prescription haha. That site looks great - I'll have to look into it :)

    Ashley Sloan, Check out my giveaway if you'd like :) Win a Zephyr hat of your choice for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny...well you can't help you don't have a huge head...which is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember that moment, feeling like an "old lady" when i needed glasses.. it was tremendously helpful when my mom decided to toss in the comment about how "she didn't need glasses until she was MUCH older".

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious. The nerdy glasses seem to fit a certain overall style, not a normal girly style! Glasses are so finicky in regards to face shape in general, but small glasses are absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I got my first pair of glasses last year I had no idea how much face shape would play a role in my decision. I figured if they looked cute on the stand they would look cute on but, like you I soon figured out that I have a smaller face lol. The skype pic is great though;0 lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha that's a good laugh! Sometimes the old stuff is just better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mom's face! They can always tell you how they feel without saying one word! I am tickled pink that you checked out my blog too. I may or may not now be a perma follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanks for the Zestii tip. I'm gonna check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw your mum's reaction is so funny!!! i have bright pink frames :-) but i mostly wear my contacts

    sorry the turquoise ones weren't what you expected :-/ let us know when you find some you like!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you won!

    http://definitionsofchelsie.blogspot.com/2011/06/and-winner-is.html

    have you seen!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my opinion, no one looks good in those oversized "nerd" glasses. Don't get me wrong, I like a thick black frame, perhaps square glasses, that's cool- but the huge, over the top "nerd" glasses that are going around, that look like they were stolen from the 70's? Nope. They look kind of ridiculous on anyone, and they seem so self consciously precocious/ironic I just cringe.

    However, I cringe even more when people wear the huge nerd glasses- and they don't.even.need.glasses. Call me old and out of touch, I don't care. I just find it totally weird :)

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!