Lake Blanche Hike Big Cottonwood Canyon


I have never fully taken advantage of the fact that I live in the beautiful State of Utah. I am surrounded  by some of the most gorgeous landscapes there are and it is literally in my back yard. One day while talking about this with my co-workers we agreed we all wanted to start hiking more, and right there on the spot decided we would go that weekend. It is always nice when you love the people you work with, and I have always seemed to really luck out in that over the years. So me and my two friends Sarah and Alix met up and hiked to Lake Blanche located in the Twin Peaks wilderness area of the Wasatch Mountains. It was such a gorgeous hike! Not going to lie though, it totally whooped my butt. It is a six mile hike and takes about two and half hours to get to the lake, so I was pretty exhausted and sore after! The mountains and canyons in Salt Lake are beautiful and I feel lucky that we get to live so close to such beautiful outdoors. I look forward to enjoying them for years to come.



13 comments

  1. It's so true that you never truly appreciate the beauty of your own backyard. I realize this more and more everytime I come home and go hiking with my sister. I think we get so bogged down in the rutine we forget to enjoy ourselves. Also lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I backpacked to Lake Blanch this past weekend and it was a killer hike! But so worth it in the end.

    http://annaapricot.blogspot.com/2014/08/backpacking.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are amazingly beautiful! i have never been to lake blanche, but live pretty close to big cottonwood, so i definitely am going to make it a goal to go! nothing like a good hike :)
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny, I'm going there this weekend! I'm a huge wimp so hopefully I don't pass out or something on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I want to go hiking with yooooou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! You're so lucky living in such a gorgeous place! Spontaneous trips like this are the best kind :) x


    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - it looks amazing!

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!! I can't wait to visit Utah mountains one day!! It is my ultimate dream :)

    http://theaussieosborns.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photography, so glad I discovered your blog!
    www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!