What you need:
6 slices of bread
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
salt & pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-stick spray.
2. Using a cookie cutter (or a cup, I always use a cup, even to make One Eyed Jacks), cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter.
3. Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
5. Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
6. Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 – 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
7. Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.
Happy Memorial Day and long weekend :)
These would be the perfect sleep in morning breakfast snack!