Valentine's Day Weekend

Besides getting to share our exciting news, Trevor and I got to spend our 7th Valentines Day together last weekend! It is crazy to think that this was our last Valentines Day just the two of us. Since I have been blogging for so long, it is fun to look back at posts and see what I was doing or thinking the same time in previous years. I actually have every single one of mine and Trevor's Valentines Days (somewhat) documented on the blog, how fun is that? (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 20132014) Even instagram is fun to go back and see!

We had a pretty fun weekend! Friday we got together with friends and made Sushi! Oh how I love Sushi, and I have hated having to cut back on my favorites like anything with raw tuna and lemon. But I still made some yummy rolls, made quite the mess, and had a blast. I left waddling out of there I ate so much!



Saturday Morning, actual Valentines day was pretty low key. We got take out for breakfast from one of my favorite breakfast spots. I think breakfast foods are some of my absolute favorites, it is often like having dessert in the morning :) I had some amazing french toast, while Trevor opted for the more savory with eggs, hash-browns, and some pancakes. For the rest of the day Trevor had to work on fixing his Bronco which had died the previous day, and I was feeling pretty crappy (one of those pregnancy days) so we spent most of the day apart. I did glamorous things like dishes and laying on the couch complaining to myself. My phone has been acting up and it finally died on me, so we headed out to Best Buy and got me a new phone! That was something we weren't planning on so it was a nice little surprise. New phones are the best aren't they? For dinner I was just not feeling up to going out, the trip to Best Buy alone about did me in, haha, so we ordered some pizza (my favorite) and grabbed some of our favorite gourmet brownies for dessert, and watched movies for the rest of the night. Complete bliss if you ask me.


All weekend Trevor kept apologizing that our Valentine's Day was kind of boring, which honestly, I loved it and had no complaints (other than being sick). Then he surprised me with a trip to New York! Happy Valentine's Day to us! We have been wanting to go somewhere and had been talking about New York, and he just made it happen right there on the spot. I am pretty stoked so now I just need all kinds of suggestions from anyone reading as to what to do, where to stay, etc. Hit me! :)

11 comments

  1. You HAVE to see a show on broadway... And I really enjoyed seeing the Twin Towers memorial. Also the Statue of Liberty. :) I'm so excited for you! What a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are def planning on seeing a show! :) And we will for sure see the twin towers memorial, and all the big sights!

      Delete
  2. looks good . looks like you had some much fun making the sushi. love it . I want to do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It is so much easier than you would think :)

      Delete
  3. Have so much fun in NYC. You definitely have to try empanada mamas and lombardis pizza!
    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes! Messy, but fun! :) It is always tastes better when you have to work for it haha

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my second time making it. I feel like my first time was even better! haha All that matters is that it tastes good though right? haha :)

      Delete
  6. Do you need free Facebook Likes?
    Did you know you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on You Like Hits?

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!