Life Lately - Trevor's Surgery

Doesn't his face say it all? haha

I have been a tad silent on the blog lately and that would be because life has really been insane! We have been so busy and not in the I feel fulfilled and am loving it kind of way. I need a break! haha I hit a point last week where I realized that I had been trying to do to much and my body didn't appreciate it. Sometimes I want to go at my normal pace and have to remind myself, "Alycia, you are pregnant! Slow down!" I have been having a hard time slowing down, especially with all I want to get done before this baby girl arrives! My to-do list just got a little more intense seeing that Trevor went and broke his foot last week. Yup! Trevor bought a dirt bike not too long ago, and has been loving it. Anytime anyone ever comes over he wants to give them a ride. My brother and his wife came over and he decided he needed to take Alex for a spin, so off they went for a quick few laps around the neighborhood. Well that didn't go so well, and there was a crash. Nothing too bad but unfortunately for Trevor his crazy antics finally caught up to him. I can't believe with the crazy stunts he pulls this is the first time he has legitimately hurt himself. I mean he is 30 years old. I guess one good thing came out of this, I believe Trevor has finally learned his lesson. His break actually required surgery. And the reality of that opened up his eyes to the fact that he should probably be more conservative and cautious sometimes. I love that Trevor is an adrenaline seeker but sometimes he pushes things a little far and is so intense. I am happy with us getting older and now bringing a baby into the world he might take it down a few notches. You can have fun without risking your life! haha

 
The looks we get walking together at the store. Me pregnant, Trevor broken... oh it is priceless! haha
 
Surgery was yesterday and it was a very long day. We got there on time and he was prepped right away all to find out they were running behind. Like an hour and a half behind. So that wasn't fun, but thankfully I was there to keep him company. Before Trevor kept insisting I didn't need to be there, but I after this whole experience he was very happy I was with him. I was happy I was there too. After his surgery when he was still coming to I was able to help him get dressed and feed him. I am happy I was the one that was doing that and not a nurse. I had a moment while trying to get him back into his clothes by myself behind the curtain where I just felt so much love for him. I was helping my husband who was helpless and needed me, and there wasn't anywhere else I would rather be than there doing that for him. Might sound silly and cheesy but I just felt so grateful that we have each other and love each other so much. The marriage relationship really is sacred and special.
 
Trevor was pretty funny the rest of the night, he was very much still feeling the affects of anesthesia and I would write out all the ridiculous things he said but since this is a public journal of sorts I will keep some things private. My husband does work in the professional world and you never know who will read here, so I wouldn't want to say something that would embarrass him or offended someone, haha but let's just say he made me almost wet my pants!


Trevor will forever have a screw in his foot, right where the big toe bone meets the joint in his foot! The doctor said it "shouldn't" go off in airports, I liked that choice of words, shouldn't HA! He also said he "should" be walking by the time the baby comes, so let's hope that is true! Basically it looks like our summer plans to fix up certain parts of the house might take a little longer to get done now. Oh well, life happens. At least he is okay, that is all that matters to me. Everything else in life is just fluff. We sure do make a funny looking couple though, me being pregnant and him on crutches. I won't lie, my body is exhausted doing double the work. I have to get everything for him and I basically serve him all night when I get home from work. I do it because I love him, but this pregnant body is tired. I just keep thinking about the end goal of our summer, our baby girl! Trevor keeps telling me how thankful he is and that he will be my servant when our little girl arrives, haha. I don't know when you need the help more, before or after? I guess Trevor is good practice for our baby girl, because let's be honest, we will both be serving HER for awhile haha Either way, I am happy we are in this together. We couldn't stop talking about having a little girl while waiting at the hospital all day yesterday. Parenthood is just around the corner, and we are stoked!

 

9 comments

  1. Please try to make sure you get some rest here and there where you can and put your feet up. Let others help you. If someone offers to help paint the nursery or whatever else needs done let them. I wish we lived closer because Dad and I could be over helping a lot! I love you!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broken bones and surgery are no fun! I love your prospective on taking care of Trevor though. You definitely have a servants heart. Even though I'm sure it's not so easy being pregnant. I hope he heals quickly and you still get plenty of the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Those X-rays are no joke! I'm glad the accident wasn't worse than it was. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That pains me just to think about it! Glad his surgery went well and I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am totally cringing over this (but laughing because it's Trevor- you get what I'm saying?? His smirk says it all in the sushi shirt photos) I'm SO glad surgery went well and he can start the road to recovery! Wish we lived closer and could help!! I promise you'll be needing trevor big time once she arrives... I can't tell you how many meals I would have missed if Eric hadn't been spoon feeding me himself! Even in the hospital after Mia was born... I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours (and hello? Just labored and gave birth in those 24 hours) and they wanted me to nurse Mia the exact moment my dinner showed up. Eric literally fed me while I fed Mia (and continued to do so over the first couple of weeks after that) starting with my brownie sundae... before all the ice cream melted, HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to your feelings when helping Trevor in the hospital. My boyfriend was hospitalized for 10 days after an emergency surgery and I was able to be there with him every day, helping him get up and lay down and getting him everything he needed. It was sad to see him hurting and I'll admit, he was a little pathetic! but it felt so good to be able to be there for him and take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! I hope that he mends up rather quickly...& that he thinks about maybe being rid of that dirt bike. Tee hee!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully he'll get better soon! It's good to see that both of you have a lot of positivity in life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope he feels better soon. you guys are so cute. wish my other supported we like that why I have been sick all this time in and out of the hospital...

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!