Girl's Only Weekend Trip!


A cousin of mine in Idaho got married last weekend and so my sister Kira decided to make a trip down for it. Instead of flying into Idaho, she flew into Salt Lake so that we could go together and have a sister road trip! I was pretty excited for a few reasons. First off, growing up, my sisters and I are all separated with brothers in between us, so there are some significant age gaps, Kira and I are seven years apart, and Sarah and I are four. Those aren't huge necessarily but when you are ten and your sister is seventeen, you don't really have a lot of the same interests going on! haha Now that we are all out of the house time spent together is few and far between because we all live long distance, and usually we are seeing each other when the whole family gets together for Christmas or weddings, so alone sister time has honestly never happened like this since... well I am not sure if ever and I wasn't going to miss it! It was a rare opportunity, and I pounced on it. It hasn't been until recently now that we are all adults that I think we all are really taking our friendships to the next level because we all get where each of us is in life, we are all on the same level and page. So to say I was excited would be an understatement.

Kira flew in Friday night and we got together with Wendy and had dinner at Bucca where Alex was working. Trevor ended up having to work late so he missed out. It was a fun night and Saturday morning we were off on our road trip weekend adventure! It was fun to chat, eat road trip junk food, and just have that time together. We got into Idaho, checked into our hotel and got ready for the wedding. We made it just in time for the wedding. It was beautiful and it was nice to be apart of a union that you can tell is bringing so much happiness to so many lives. Following the ceremony was a lunch in and it was fun to catch up with family and stuff our faces. I loved spending the entire day with Piper! She has gotten so big and with them living far away I just cherish those moments with my nieces and nephews.


I loved spending so much time with Piper, Kira snapped this picture when I wasn't paying attention and I love it because I remember I was thinking how much I love her and how much I am going to love my own little one. And also freaking out that I will soon have one of my own putting my arm to sleep!

After a few hours of hanging out it was time for the reception and full on dance party. I was so exhausted the entire day but still managed to bust some moves, haha. After a long day we went home and crashed. Kira and I stayed up way too late talking, but that was to be expected. The following morning we went to Church with our family. They were doing a broadcast for all of Idaho and we had the chance to listen to some leaders in the Church. It was amazing! Seriously, such a special treat that I was expecting. Every talk hit home and the spirit was there, it was just a great morning. After Church we headed to my Aunt's house to have some lunch and enjoy some more company before we headed back to Salt Lake. It was great getting to spend some time with them.

Soon we were headed back to Salt Lake with plans to have dinner with some of my siblings and their spouses at my house. We all made dinner and had a fun night. Kira got a picture of all of us but I haven't seen it yet so I will have to include it later. The weekend didn't last long enough and Kira and Piper left the next morning :( But it was fun to have such a family packed weekend!

11 comments

  1. I'm so happy you girls had this wonderful trip together and created some wonderful memories. I love that you grasped the opportunity to do this as they will be few and far between. You know that's always been my motto! This makes my Mom heart swell. I love you all xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such a cute photos!!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great you were able to spend so much one on one time with your sister, I think it's crazy how sibling relationships change as we get older (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I don't think we have ever had time like this before so it was really fun!

      Delete
  4. What a great weekend with your sister! And that last photo, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness she is such an adorable doll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cek Harga SEPATU GUNUNG. Daftar Harga SEPATU GUNUNG Murah Terbaru. Cek Harga Sebelum Berbelanja! => harga sepatu gunung terbaru
    Pada kesempatan kali ini kami akan membahas mengenai bagaimana cara mengecilkan perut buncit tradisional atau secara alami. baca selengkapnya di cara mengecilkan perut buncit
    Pria gemar seks. Itu Pasti! Bahkan ada yang mengatakan bahwa pria memikirkan seks tiap tujuh detik! benarkah? cek disini informasi kesehatan pria
    Spesifikasi Dan Daftar Harga Dispenser Semua Merk Terbaru 2015 Air minum merupakan kebutuhan wajib yang harus di konsumsi setiap hari harga dispenser terbaru
    Daftar harga Setrika dan Setrika Uap baru dan bekas termurah 2016 di Indonesia. Belanja online, perbandingan harga, review, info peringkat Setrika dan harga setrika terbaru
    Gunung Tampomas berada di utara wilayah Kabupaten Sumedang. gunung tampomas jawa barat

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!