13 weeks - Pregnancy Update


This blog is a place for me to journal and document, so you can expect a lot of pregnancy updates and posts! I know they have been a little heavy this week, but I am playing catch up! From the start of my pregnancy I kept a little journal here on the blog, but from here on out I will be doing these weekly updates with the occasional vlog! So even though I am almost 14 weeks at this point, I didn't want to miss posting my 13 weeks update!
 
How far along: I am 13 weeks and 5 days!

How big is baby: The size of a peach, a peach! How cute is that? :) I love the fruit analogies.

Weight Gain: I have put on about 6 pounds! And I am bloating like a sponge in water, no big deal.

Maternity clothes: For the last few weeks I have had to do the rubber band trick and so I finally caved and bought some maternity clothes last week. I only got one pair of pants though and realized I bought jeans when I probably should have bought some work pants... duh! I am thinking since I will be pregnant through spring and summer I should just invest in a bunch of skirts and dresses! haha

Stretch marks: Nothing yet!

Sleep: It is hit or miss with me and sleep right now. I am a stomach sleeper so it has been sucky training myself to sleep on my sides. I get uncomfortable on my side like that all night. Soon I will have to start training myself not sleep on my back either! Bah! 

Craving: I have been craving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cereal (Life, Grape Nut Flakes, Oatmeal Squares, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Special K Vanilla Almond.) I also forgot to mention Mac N Cheese! But being totally honest I am always craving that, the feelings have just been amplified.

Feeling: Happy! I had my second appointment today and got to hear the heart beat again! It really is the craziest thing knowing there is a growing little baby in there. It was kind of an embarrassing appointment because it was taking a minute to find where the baby was, she told me to pull my pants down even lower (and trust me, they were low enough already) and she had to get really down there to find him/her! I just had to zone out and not focus on the fact that I basically had my pants off. I was sitting there thinking my kid is already putting me in embarrassing situations! haha 



19 comments

  1. I'm so excited to watch your pregnancy progress! Is that creepy? I just think you guys are going to be the cutest parents!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! It never seems real until the day you hear him (or her) cry. At least for me it didn't. I love to look back at my blogging of pregnancy stages and I'm so glad I documented them. You'll be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep on my stomach. I started off using a body pillow to help me sleep on my side and once I got huge I needed a bunch of other pillows too! So get a body pillow! I was due in September. I loved in skirts and maxi dresses so I would recommend those! I lived in leggings, yoga pants, Nike capris, the first months because I was bloated and fluffy and crampy and sick! Jeans were the last thing I wanted. So fun following along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and Trevor and I'm excited to hear more about your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! This is so exciting. And you are so adorable. You hair though...I want it! Can't wait to follow along for all the sweet updates!

    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your exciting news, Alycia! So exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have Kira send you her maternity clothes. She had some really cute/stylish outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for your new journey as a Mom! I am sure you're going to have an amazing trip to New York this Spring and ooh la la I am excited to follow along with your pregnancy here (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree...I have always enjoyed following people's pregnancy journeys! So excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you!!!!Congratulations I look forward to reading your posts. I invite you to share at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ( you can link up through Sat. midnight) xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHH!!! Congrats!!! And August is my birthday month too...such a wonderful time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So precious, congratulations :) You're the 3rd woman I know due around the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! This is the best time of life! Many blessings to you and your little one:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recommend a good pregnancy pillow! I used a boppy brand one. It was SO helpful! I continued to use it for like a month post-partum and now still sleep with a pillow between my legs b/c I got used to it! Also--I ate PB&J for lunch just about every single day of my pregnancy! It started b/c it was the only thing that didn't make me want to puke, and I just kept it up. ha! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our trades NOW and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!