Getting settled...


As you can imagine our lives have been turned upside down with the arrival of our little girl. I shared these sentiments on instagram recently, but really, all you Mother's our there are truly amazing! I officially "GET IT" now. I really thought I got it before to be honest. I guess that was the naivety of thinking nannying and having nieces and nephews was enough exposure to know what it would be like to have my own children. Boy was I wrong!

I have actually been very lucky in regards to this adorable baby. Breast feeding has come pretty naturally, she sleeps like a champ, and I have spent enough time with babies to know I have a good one on my hands! Even with me, my body is healing quickly and I have been able to do things like go the Taylor Swift concert, spend the afternoon out with my family etc. Yet even without any complications or set backs I am EXHAUSTED! Knowing I have it good and still finding this to be the hardest work has me wanting to kiss the feet of every Mother out there. You are all rock stars! Really, your sacrifice and service for your children is amazing. I am just starting to get a taste of what this whole motherhood thing is like, and I can tell it is going to be the most draining and amazing thing I do with my life. It really is just one of those things you won't understand until you have your own children. Ella turns two weeks old tomorrow and I feel like it has only been a few days since she was born, every day just blends into the next. I can't believe how fast the time is already flying on by, and I don't want to miss a second of it. I am relishing in her newness, and the miracle of what she is, this human being that I helped create... it is not lost on me. I love her so much and am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for entrusting me with this beautiful little spirit.

10 comments

  1. perfectly put! even with a "good" baby it is still SO hard! but that is part of what also makes it SO fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Congrats! enjoy all the little moments! time does truly fly by. We just welcomed a baby girl into our world as well, 2 years ago I had a boy (her brother). It was my first time being a Mom and you're right, your world is turned upside down but it's the best thing in life, a good kind of change! though as soon as baby is born, you hit the ground running! ;) hehe. God Bless! and enjoy your princess!

    ~Amber
    http://amberinpearls.blogspot.com/

    p.s. If you're into reading books, two books that I SWEAR by and helped me as a first time mom, is Gina Ford- Contented Little Baby and Annabel Karmel weaning book, meal planner and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have worded it so perfectly! Motherhood is so exhausting but I absolutely love it, such an amazing blessing. Little Ella is just beautiful x

    Manning meanderings, mishaps and musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, seriously enjoy every second because it goes by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take daily pictures....they grow very quickly! Christmas can't get here soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Congratulations on your darling little girl! Best wishes for many happy years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning photo. This post brang tears to my eyes <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is adorable and congratulations again!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!