SHARING STYLE : GRADUATION DRESS


DRESS: DOROTHY PERKINS - SIMILAR BELOW 

Dorothy Perkins is doing 30% OFF right now!

I got several comments about the dress I wore to Trevor's Graduation this Friday. Unfortunately I didn't get a great shot in it, but thought I would share the details anyway.

This dress has actually been sitting in my closet for over two years. I had bought it specifically for an event, but didn't realize that I had put on quite a bit of weight when I ordered it. When it arrived and I tried it on, and it didn't fit. I couldn't even zip it up all the way! I had never experienced something like that, so I was very disheartened. But I loved the dress and knew I would be able to wear it someday again. I am so thrilled to say that since then I have gotten my life back on track in regards to my health, and this little number slipped right on!

I know that this wasn't MY graduation, but anyone who has gone through Law School married, or even dating for that matter, knows what I mean when I say we deserve some kind of certification after that! HA! For Trevor's graduation I wanted to wear something classic and simple. While going through my closet I saw this dress again, and I knew it was meant to be. I hadn't worn it since I got it. I love the black and white color blocking, which creates a great effect with the body con shape. Whenever I wear all black or white I love to play up the color in my accessories. I love how this bright yellow Kate Spade purse adds a punch of color to the overall look.

The exact dress I have isn't available anymore, but they had SO many similar ones I thought I would put them all together for you to look through! :) Dorothy Perkins is doing 30% OFF right now!


  
A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. N. O.

14 comments

  1. This is such a pretty dress! Congratulations on your hubby graduating! I bet you are just so relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black and white dresses alot. I think the coolest ones are those that use the black and white to create an hourglass shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress and congrats to Trevor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty dress! It looks great on you! And congrats to your husband <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty dress. Congrats to your husband! -Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice ... Get some freshness maybe .. http://www.lifepopper.com/fashion-is-on/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realise you have DP over there, that's cool! Love the dress and the bag, you both look great. And you definitely deserve a little celebratory reward yourself!

    kirstyandseth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great and what a proud moment...congratulations to your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to being law school grads! This dress is amazing! Have fun in Thailand, I can't wait to see pics!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your husband! You made it! :) Now for the bar exam? You're in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your husband! Love your dress!

    Haley
    haleyvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could wear clothes like you, you always look smart and pretty I usually look short and fat.............lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trying to find the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!