birthday weekend...

You guys rock. Thanks for all the birthday wishes via twitter, my blog, facebook, instagram... pretty much all the many ridiculous forms of social media I am apart of! You made my day :)
 

This weekend was full of tons of different fun things. My birthday stretched from Friday night to Monday night - I am not complaining! Friday night Trevor and I met up with friends for some night skiing. I originally learned how to ski the first time I ever went to the slopes back when I was about 13 or 14. Since then I always thought it was "cooler" to snowboard, so I have been snowboarding the past ten years.

On our last trip I was looking at some skiers and just thought it looked like they were having a blast. I also thought maybe I would be better at skiing and could keep up with my ridiculously fast snowboarding husband better!  So when we went on Friday I decided to try skiing for the first time in ten years to see which one I actually like better. Well folks, I think I am converted! I just felt like skiing was easier for me in the sense that my body felt more in control, and because of that I am more comfortable which allows me to go faster and do more things. I can also keep up with Trevor!! :) It was a blast and I think I will be sticking to skiing from here on out!



To make the night even better, we finished a run and got in line to go up the lift and WHO was in front of us?! MY LITTLE BROTHER?! What?! haha We didn't know we were both going to be up there, so that was such a fun treat. We kept running into each other the rest of the night and hung out later and had dinner. It was a great surprise and made the night even better :)

Saturday Trevor had to study all day, and I had a bunch of errands, but we ended the night together having dinner, getting my favorite ice cream from Cold Stone and watching a movie.

Sunday morning Trevor made me a waffle breakfast :) It was divine and was very sweet of him. We went to our friends house for a Super Bowl party and pretty much stuffed our faces while watching the game. Billie, Stanton's wife was very sweet and had got me a birthday cake. They sang Happy Birthday to me during the half time show :)

This is how we store a bunch of soda for parties in Utah :) Got to use that snow for our advantage sometimes!

Do you think we had enough chips?!


Billie made the BEST chip dip!

I ate way too many of these amazing jalapeno poppers :)



Oh these boys... always getting into trouble, ever since high school...

Trevor made some Chicken Fajitas!

This little one LOVED dancing during the half time show :)





































Monday night my friend Diana got a bunch of our friends together and we had a Birthday Dinner at Blue Lemon. I have been wanting to try the restaurant out for awhile now because I had heard so many great things about it. It did no disappoint! That sandwich was DIVINE. It was very sweet for all the girls to take time out of their busy schedules and have dinner in honor of my birthday :)

I had such a great weekend and I have wonderful family and friends to thank for that!! Again, Thank you ALL! :)




41 comments

  1. Fun stuff! You look dang cute on those skiis too! I'm a loser because I can practically see Mountain High from my street and I never ever go. Drooling over all of that yummy looking food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to go more because we live RIGHT here, what is our excuse?! haha That's what was nice about living in San Diego, it was really easy to go to the beach, but it is a little but while the beach is free, snowboarding in the mountains isn't haha :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a great birthday! Haha, I love all the phones out on the table in the last picture, like they're waiting their turn for the server to use them to take a picture. :)

    www.jbound.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the sounds of it, it was indeed a wonderful birthday weekend!! In my book every birthday should be celebrated for the minimum of 3 days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Looks like you had such a fabulous time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that chip dip looks amazing

    im so sad you converted to skiing BUT at least you're having fun :) thats the most important!

    happy belated birthday
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha one of my best friends Katy who taught me how to snowboard isn't so happy I mad the switch either! haha :) &that chip dip WAS amazing!!!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great birthday!
    love the beer in the snow lol!

    xoxo
    Lisa
    http://www.somethinginfinitelyinteresting.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soda, but SAME idea :)! haha Got to use nature's freezer for something here in Utah!

      Delete
  7. looks like a really nice time! delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful birthday weekend!! Glad you enjoyed it love :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay, I'm glad that you had such a nice birthday weekend :) I love that you got to go skiing! I've actually never been but I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun looking birthday weekend!!! That food looks amazing and making me oh so hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Your weekend sounds great, glad you had a great time. I love skiing, ever since I was little.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend!!! Happy birthday =) and your super bowl party also looked like a blast! So much yummy food and great company. Oh yeah and you got to hang out with LivLoveDesigns for your birthday?!?! I love following both of you and your adventures as friends. Alt Summit must have been a blast together!!!

    ~Maggie (Sweet Peas and Lucky Honey)
    http://echosoftheheartdobeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Diana and I have been friends for years now but when I moved to Provo we could actually start hanging out :)!!!

      Delete
  13. I've always snow boarded but have been contemplating learning how to ski! I'm so afraid that I'll just make a fool of myself & get injured! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it was easier then snowboarding!!! Just try it because how can you know which one you actually like better if you don't try both?! That's what I say and did!!

      Delete
  14. I have to say I am pretty jealous of all of your friends! That makes me sound like sad loner, haha. But really! I have a few close friends, but none that I am able to meet up with like this. I wish I had a good group of girly friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I totally feel you!!! I had my handful of amazing friends back home in San Diego and I really struggled when I first moved here for school, it took my awhile to make some great friends here!! Quality over quantity right?!! With that said, I had to learn to put myself out there, it was harder making friends as an adult then it was a kid while your still in school.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. I think that's my problem now. I don't get close to anyone too easily now!

      I also work 3PM-11:15PM, so my schedule isn't really friendly for meeting others. I am hoping to find a few social events in my city & meet some other girls with my interests!

      Delete
  15. Yay you have such great family and friends!! It looks like a most fantastic birthday weekend - happy belated birthday - hope this year's your best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! It already feels like the best one yet!!! SO many great things happening :) Hope yours is too!

      Delete
  16. it sure sounds and looks like a wonderful birthday weekend.
    happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, those jalapeno poppers?

    YUUUUUUUUUM.

    They look all kinds of wonderful!!
    (As do Trevor's chicken fajitas -- go Trevor!)

    That is one uber wonderful birthday weekend -- here's to many, many more like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jalapeno poppers were AMAZING!!! haha I want to make them soon :) &yes, Trevor's fajitas were great too! &Thank you!!!

      Delete
  18. I was the exact same way with snowboarding/skiing - I started off snowboarding and one day looked over and thought "you know, this would be a lot easier if I could move my legs." I started skiing the next day and never looked back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a really fun, amazing birthday! You are such a cutie!! xoxo-A

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seems like everyone had sooo much fun! And the food looks delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely group of friends and weekend. Looks like you had a blast. I love cabin time. It always = good laughs and convos + an abundance of food.

    Xo Inna
    www.bakingincouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok 1st. Happy Birthday!
    2. BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS - YES!
    3. I love when I need to keep something cold & I can just throw in the back yard...literally!

    http://herestohappinesses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were soooo good! Maybe I will post the recipe, although does it really need one? So simple?! haha &yes, when my family was up for a big family reunion in Idaho at a cabin, we kept SO MUCH food out on the back porch since we didn't have enough room in the fridge!! love it!!

      Delete
  23. I'm so glad you have good friends that help you celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Belated! It sounds like you had a fantastic time and are surrounded by a great group of people! Love the huge cake and wishing you all the best in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Birthday weekends are the absolute greatest! Glad yours was amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. haha looks like a blast! Love the cooler outside with the snow, good thinking!

    Karen Kane Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!