alt design summit 2013...


You guys. I don't even know where to begin with this post. Alt Summit was insane! For years now I have wanted to attend Alt Summit, but couldn't justify it to myself to attend. I somehow managed to get a ticket and am so happy I ended up deciding to go this year. I have a lot planned for 2013 when it comes to this blog and other ventures, and feel like it was the perfect place to be to really push me to go where I want to go, to take that next step!

I think the number one thing you take away from Alt is the connections and networking you make with so many other bloggers and the opportunities to work with different brands and companies that attend. The classes are great as well, but I would say it was the connections that was the number one thing I took from Alt. I met so many amazing and inspiring people.

I am warning you now for the picture overload...





















To kick start all the fun there was a party held at West Elm called the Hello Social! It was such a blast. There was a photo booth so obviously I was all over that. The food was great and I met so many people there! There were so many girls it was hard to walk around :) A sea full of beautiful stylish and talented women, my kind of party!






















Later that night I went to dinner at Valter's that was hosted by HP. It was fun to sit down and talk with some of the Alt attendees and representatives from HP on a more intimate level, it was great conversation and we talked for hours. The highlight for me that night was the FOOD. I am a huge fan of authentic Italian food, and this meal made me feel like I was back in Italy! If you ever are in Salt Lake City I highly recommend you eat there.





















The speakers and food at Alt were so good! There was a lot of note taking and business card swapping and talking about blogs and businesses. It is fun to be surrounded by a ton of people who know what you are talking about and understand the world of blogging :)
























The Bing Lounge was sooooo cool, they had great food, a fun photo booth (obviously) and so many other fun areas to explore and play around in :)





















How cool was this art that was in the Bing Lounge?!













































Jessica Alba is a part of a company called The Honest Co. They were there to be apart of Alt! People were obviously excited to see her there. I walked into the room and didn't expect to see her sitting right there... let me just tell you... she is even prettier in person. A gorgeous girl who is a part of a great company.






















































I finally got to meet Kirsten! I have been following her in the blog world for years now :) It was so fun to connect and hang out! outside of instagram!





















The Clue themed party was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The food was amazing, and the decorations were impeccable, impeccable I tell you! Each section of the room was made to look like a part of the Clue Game Board, and they had pieces of the game scattered in collections with colors for the table centers. I could go on for hours with all the little details that went into this, but it was one of the best decorated parties I have ever been too. I went as Mrs. White :)

Friday was full of more classes and ended with the Mini Parties, the mini parties were SO MUCH FUN! I posted the photo booth pictures from my favorite party from that night, the Method Party

Just in case you need a reminder of the Method Photo booth done by the Girls with Glasses Show :)






After getting hardly ANY sleep from the night of the mini parties, we woke up Saturday morning to go to an upholstery class. I made a lamp shade!!! It was so cool! Please excuse the hair I just threw up in a pony tail because I was so exhausted :) haha

Diana, Melissa, Miranda

And these beautiful ladies were my roommates at Alt :) Thanks to them they made coming back to the hotel a just as fun place as all the Alt parties! &they didn't even complain when I wanted to talk around in my underwear ;)

All in all Alt Design Summit was such a great experience! If you are looking to network, socialize, and really learn some valuable ways and motivation to launch whatever endeavor you are looking to accomplish online - it is the place for you :) It will not disappoint!

Have you guys ever been to a blogging conference? What did you think? Have you heard of Alt? Have you been? Thoughts?!

P.S. Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes yesterday! You guys are amazing :)



43 comments

  1. Oh my gosh. This looks so so so fun. I have actually never been to a blogger conference! I want to go to one SOOOO BADLY!!!! Loved all these pics. It look like an absolute blast!!!! So jealous right now!

    xoxoxo hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I somehow NEVER found your blog until this moment! I typed in other LDS bloggers and voila! found you-- This ALT shindig looks....well....amazing-- HOW FUN! Anyhow, I'm really enjoying reading through your old posts and can't wait to read more; cutest blog.

    Hoping you'll stop by sometime to say hi.
    http://www.wanderlust-wishlist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Welcome Karen :) Happy to have you around! Now I am off to go look at your BLOG!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experience. Since I am still new to blogging, it was really interesting to learn about your experience there.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I loved reading about this- totally something I would want to do someday just for the girl time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun does this look like?...Tons and Tons!! Great pictures and what a neat project, I've never heard about this project before

    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this looks like such a delight! I think I'm going to make it a goal to attend Alt in the next year or two -- are the tickets hard to come by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell out within minutes of going up for sale!! So yes?! haha I had to buy mine off a friend!

      Delete
  8. AH, so glad you had a wonderful time! Everything looks fabulous...like, TOO fabulous! Heh heh. Here's to more opportunities like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That seriously looks like suuuch a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pictures are so fabulous! you look like you had a blast! That is amazing that you got meet jessica alba. I really love her company.
    XO
    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You look like you had a wonderful time! All these pictures are super cute. I'm glad you got the chance to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a picture overload but I am so jealous that you got to go!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday!

    I seriously need to go next year.

    Have you ever done a hair tutorial? Your hair is always gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have!! I should do another one though, now that I have a YouTube Channel, I did my other one on a my Vimeo channel :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  14. That looks like so much fun. The clue picture is my favorite Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great alt review! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've wanted to go the last two years and always just miss getting tickets in time! Hopefully I can snatch some up for next year and see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell out in minutes! I bought mine of a friend who decided not to go this year!

      Delete
  17. I see photos every year on various blogs and wish I had the chance to go. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok 1st, this looks like SUCH an amazing experience! 2nd, you are gorgeous! 3rd, toooottttally jealous that Jessica Alba was there, I love her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These photos depict how much fun you must of had. I am so jealous you get to go to these places. Ahh. I love all these events and what they have to offer. You are seriously lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like you had an amazing time thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am super jel you got to go to ALT! i love ALT and have taken a lot of the classes online! looks like you had a TOTAL blast!! you look so cute in all your pics, and JESSICA ALBA! i mean come on, she is just SO PRETTY! thats so amazing!! anyway thanks for sharing so i can pretend i was there too! maybe next year! xoxo, lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the Alt classes online are amazing! It was def a treat to attend in person :)

      Delete
  22. This looks like such a blast!!! Is it okay that I'm insanely jealous...because I totally am ;) Where was the conference held?

    Ps. You're gorgeous. Can I have your lips? Random request, I know, but I'd die for full red lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you are too nice! thank you :) I got my lips from ma daddy!! haha The conference was a blast!! It was held in Salt Lake City at The Grand America!!! It was a stunning location!

      Delete
  23. I need to pay attention when they have fun things in Utah! It's not that far from me...I would kill to be a part of something like this. And Jessica Alba? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! There are always a ton of different blogging things going on in Utah haha. Plus this conference is huge, people flew in from everywhere to go!

      Delete
  24. The pictures look like you had a blast!!! I'm glad you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks amazing, I really want to go next year!!!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Alt but the tickets sell out so fast, and I just haven't been lucky when it comes to the contests for tickets haha! Look like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got lucky because my friend was selling a ticket! If she hadn't been I wouldn't have been able to go either!

      Delete
  27. It looks like an amazing time! I've never been to one and I think it's something I need to try to make happen in the near future... it seems right up my alley!
    Happy belated birthday!
    xoxo- Kaara
    http://inthekitchwithkaara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great outlook! I have wanted to go for forever so I planned for it over the last year!!

      Delete
  28. So glad you had fun! The ultimate girls' weekend, right? You look beautiful in all these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved reliving it a bit with you. I had such a great time meeting and hanging with you (even when you were in your undies:)

    Can't wait to see what you have in store this year!!

    xoxo Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Ho :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have enabled the forum feature on my comments so we can all interact in conversation. So if you leave a question, look back for a reply!